Search entire site
This page contains information for general practitioners on how to refer patients aged 16 years and over to Cardiology services at Mater Hospital Brisbane.
This service includes referrals for:
Mater Health Services does not have the facility to conduct interventional angiography.
Please include all of the minimum referral requirements and:
- LFT, FBC, TFT, fasting lipid profile (includes HDL, LDL), electrolytes
- Exercise tolerance
- Results of any recent cardiac investigations if available (ECG, ECHO, stress test, chest x-ray)
- Medical history
- Significant symptoms e.g. syncope, pre-syncope, palpitations, clamminess
Mater Adult Referral Form
Referrals can be faxed to 07 3163 8548.
Available appointments are provided to our patients based on clinical priority.
This should be used as a general guideline only – categorisation will be based on the individual referral.
- Unstable Angina
- Increasing frequency of ischaemic chest pain or chest pain at rest
- Severe valvular disease
- Cardiac syncope
- Class IV heart failure
- Patients with multiple identified risk factors
- Class III heart failure and increasing symptoms of heart failure
- Stable coronary heart disease and heart failure
Mater Health Services offers patients the opportunity to attend bulk billed clinics. To provide your patient with the opportunity to attend a bulk billed specialist clinic, please provide a named referral to one of our specialists listed above.
If you wish to discuss a non urgent referral with a clinical officer from this specialty, please contact 07 3163 8111, pager 4909 and ask to speak with the Clinical Nurse Consultant – Cardiology or for urgent queries contact the Cardiology Registrar on 07 3163 8111, pager 0939.
Alternatively, contact the Clinical Nurse – Referral and Appointment Management Service on 07 3163 6866.
Content reviewed 23/12/15
Have you read our disclaimer?
© Mater Misericordiae Health Services Brisbane Limited ABN: 83096708922
Providing local communities with access to integrated health care & services.
GP Education, Maternity Shared Care Alignment Program and Events.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology GP Education - Tuesday 9 May
© Mater Misericordiae Ltd
Mercy, Dignity, Care, Commitment & Quality
Emergencies & Enquiries
Phone: 07 3163 8111
Hospitals and Department contacts